01 – COURSE INFORMATION
MP Skills is proud to offer flexible, employer-led apprenticeships which are available for both levy and non-levy paying employers. We work with you, the employer, to provide a bespoke solution for to best suit your individual business needs.
Here is a list of our current available Level 2 apprenticeships:
- Mineral Processing Mobile and Static Plant Operator
- Mineral Processing Weighbridge Operator
- Mineral and Construction Product Sampling and Testing Operations
What are the benefits of this apprenticeship to employers?
Utilise your apprenticeship levy funds – up to £9K available
Have the option to deliver an apprenticeship that is bespoke to your business’ needs
Attract new talent into our sector
Develop existing employees or train new apprentices
Maximise the use of public funding (non-levy payers)
Gain skilled operators who have the potential and skill to move both your organisation and the industry in to the future
Simply speak to us about your needs and we’ll work together to find the perfect solution.
Some of the key competencies your apprentice will gain:
- Extensive mobile and/or static plant training
- ‘Red & Blue Card’ mobile and/or static plant assessment
- Up to two relevant Level 2 Vocational Qualifications
- Safety & personal accountability
- Interpersonal skills
- Products & quality knowledge
- Geotechnical & Quarry Regulations
- First Level Inspections and Maintenance
Both you and the mentor for your apprentice will also receive support throughout the entire apprenticeship period and beyond.
We also offer the below Scottish Modern Apprenticeships.
In Scotland, there are more than 70 different Modern Apprenticeship Frameworks and they are all designed to deliver a training package around a minimum standard of competence defined by employers through Sector Skills Councils (SSC’s). A Modern Apprenticeship contains the same 3 basic criteria: Scottish Vocation Qualification (SVQ), Core Skills and Industry Training. The following SVQ’s are available:
- SCQF Level 5 Plant Operations
- SCQF Level 5 Process Operations
- SCQF Level 6 Weighbridge Operations
How does it all work?
We will provide the SVQ and Core Skills. The employer will need to provide industry training which we can help you with. Please let us know if your require industry training for your apprentice.
Who is it for?
- Employees who are based in Scotland
- New or existing employees
- Aged 16 or above
- Haven’t previously completed a Scottish Modern Apprenticeship in Mobile and Static Plant.